I want to fix the main problems that most students face which are firstly, what should they be practicing at a given point on their harmonica journey to get to where they want to be? Secondly, without knowing if they are doing it right, a lot of students get into bad habits or even worse stop all together.
What will you get as a student?
• in-depth monthly practice guides
• exclusive video lessons, audio clips, backing tracks and tabs
• access to a private Facebook group where you can post audio/video for feedback from me
• weekly live Q and A session
How much does it cost?
A monthly subscription to my online harmonica school costs $30 and you will automatically be charged every 31 days unless you cancel your subscription.
What you need to do to sign up?
• If you are ready to sing up all you need to do is follow the 3 steps outlined below.
• If you are not ready but would like to find out more about the harmonica school just click here to join the mailing list.
Select what level you are on harmonica – advanced beginner, intermediate or advanced intermediate
Click ‘SUBSCRIBE NOW’ under the appropriate level for you (scroll down if you don’t know what level you are)
You will be taken to the sign up page where you can input your credit card details and get automatic access to your first practice guide
If you don’t know what level you are at, I suggest you go through my descriptions below and pick one that most closely matches you. If you are undecided between two, select the lower of them. You won’t regret doing this as it will make sure you get the fundamentals completely solid.
• You are still relatively new to the instrument but you are starting to get a little more confidence and coordination when you play.
• Your timing is ok if the music is pretty simple but it doesn’t take much to throw you off the beat.
• You might have played a little bit of the 4 draw bend
• You have had a go at at improvising a 12 bar blues but struggle to break out of basic patterns and habits
• You are comfortable with the 2 and 4 hole bends but the 3 hole isn’t super bluesy sounding
• Simple melodies are easy for you to play
• You are confident jamming over a 12 blues but tend to play it safe with root notes
• You are starting to sound like a proper blues player to people who don’t know about harmonica but you know you could be bluesier!
• You feel that it is time to get stuck in to learning more musical knowledge
• You are happy with all your draw bends and might have started experimenting with some blow bends
• Your technique is pretty good with a selection of fun tricks up your sleeve such as warbling, glissandos, chugging and tongue blocking
• Your solos sound good but you know that you are not pushing yourself
• 2nd position is easy but you know there are more positions and you want more musical understanding
31 day money-back guarantee
If you choose to cancel your subscription before the end of the first 31 days
Testimonials from current students
“Tomlin’s classes are challenging for the level each student is at in their quest to play. He provides clear, comprehensive instruction including tabs, examples and backing tracks to assist the student to come up to speed quickly!”
“Comprehensive and well-structured course for all levels of performance with a highly qualified teacher and a great helpful community”
“Tomlin is a great teacher and provides a wealth of fun, informative information to study and advance skills on the diatonic harmonica. There are a ton of great online harmonica sources, but tomlinharmonicalessions.com is one of the better organized and coordinated for a great learning experience.”
“I “played around” with the harmonica for 30 years and did not make as much progress as I have in the last year with Tomlin’s guidance. Break down and put your money on the table and get to work. Believe me, it’s going to take a lot of time and work–there’s no getting around it–to make the progress you want. Yet, if you treat it like you do your gym membership, Tomlin’s going to benefit, but you’re not.”
“Tomlin (harmonica course)has made a real difference to my musicality and how I approach playing the harmonica.The structure of the course and Tomlin’s teaching methods has enabled me for the first time to fathom out 12 bar blues and to really enjoy playing to different backing tracks,keeping time and learning amazing technics,bends warbles octives etc.In the past I could only play tunes on the harmonica with no understanding of musical timing,making no headway,and really limited in what I could do,the course has opened up a new world for me and encouraged me to achieve my goals.”
“I was definitely able to learn things faster no matter where I heard or had seen it after taking the first course.”