Hello and welcome to this week’s lesson, where I will be talking about the two different kinds of harmonica student – creative or analytical.
I’m specifically going to give you some ideas for how to approach improvising over a 12 Bar Blues depending on what kind of person you are.
You will need a harmonica in the key of C, and we will be playing in 2nd position in the key of G.
If you are an analytical person;
– Start with root notes and 1/4 notes
– Add in the 3 draw half step bend
– Experiment with one lick over each of the chords to hear how it sounds in different contexts
If you are a creative person;
– Start with root notes over each chord and improvise what rhythm you are using
– Pick 4 notes from the Blues Scale and noodle with them
– Play a lick and mess around with it